1. [While Joseph and Mary were in Bethlehem for the census,] the time came for her delivery.
2. And she gave birth to her first-born son and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes.
3. She laid Him in a manger because there was no room for them in the inn.
4. There were shepherds in the same region, living in the fields and keeping watch over their flocks at night.
5. And behold, an angel of the Lord came to them, and the glory of God shone round about them, and they were very much afraid.
6. The angel said to them: “Do not be afraid for I bring you good news of great joy which shall be to all the people.
7. “Today in the town of David there has been born to you a Savior who is Christ the Lord;
8. “And this will be a sign for you: you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.”
9. Suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God,
10. And saying: “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men of good will.”
Reference: Luke 2:1-14
The Seven Day Bible Rosary
The Nativity decade above is from The Seven Day Bible Rosary for the week of Christmas. Here are some comments John received this year for this book.
The Seven Day Bible Rosary has brought such freshness and insight to my life.
The Scripture references that are applied to each station have been ideal for meditation and even useful in apologetics.
I lead the rosary at weekly Mass and The Seven Day Bible Rosary provides an incredible dynamic when reciting the Rosary, by painting a clear picture of the highlights of each mystery.
We have been praying The Seven Day Bible Rosary daily. We love it! And it has transformed my life!
I enjoy using this book. Most times I had problems with meditation until now. Thank you.
The Seven Day Bible Rosary by John F. Kippley is available for $5; 3 for $12; 5 for $15 including shipping.
Or mail to: American Rosary Press; P. O. Box 112035; Cincinnati OH 45211. It is a great little gift and can be easily included in a card envelope for birthdays, confirmation, hospitality, ordinations, a special thanks, etc.